Meopham Dental Care is a mercury free practice; we only use white filling materials to compliment the natural beauty of your teeth.
- Why should I consider white fillings?
- Most people have fillings of one sort or another. Nowadays fillings are not only functional, but can be natural looking as well. Many people don’t want silver fillings that show when they laugh or smile because they are more conscious about the way they look.
- Are they as good as silver amalgam fillings?
- White fillings have always been considered to have a shorter life than silver amalgam fillings. However there are now new white filling materials available with properties comparable to silver amalgam, which are proving to be very successful.
- What are tooth-coloured fillings made of?
- This can vary, but they are mainly made of glass particles, synthetic resin and a setting ingredient.
Dark teeth and metal fillings can be transformed by carefully applied white fillings.
I used another dentist for many years, but became unhappy with their service and so I changed to Meopham Dental Care and have now been with Alison since she took over the practice. She worked out a long term plan to change all my ancient Amalgam fillings and to take care of some other problems, and each treatment resulted in a noticeable improvement, even curing a gum problem that I wasn’t aware of. Recently she successfully tackled a painful and distressing jaw and root canal problem at very short notice. I cannot speak highly enough of Alison and her confident, friendly and professional team and would add that the surgery is a most pleasant and relaxing environment. I would recommend anyone to Meopham Dental Practice.