Crowns are an ideal way to rebuild teeth which have been broken, or have been weakened by decay or large fillings. The crown fits right over the remaining part of the tooth, making it strong and giving it the shape and contour of a natural tooth.
Crowns are sometimes also known as 'caps'. An 'Anterior Crown' is a crown fitted to one of the front six teeth. Crowns are made using a variety of materials, with new materials being introduced all the time.
- Why would I need a crown?
- There are a number of reasons. For instance:
- the tooth may have been weakened by having a very large filling.
- you may wish to improve the appearance of the tooth.
- you may have had a root filling which will need a crown to protect it.
- you may have had an accident and damaged the tooth.
- it may help hold a bridge or denture firmly in place.
Full coverage crowns can be used to reshape and protect teeth in the future, we can easily replace old worn-out crowns with beautiful new ones.
I would just like to thank Alison and her wonderful team for the cosmetic work done on my teeth. It has changed my smile that I hated to one that I am proud of and given me much more confidence! It was the best thing I ever did. I would recommend Alison and her friendly team to anyone. Once again, thank you.